Lyrestads Gjuteri AB was founded by Walter Stridqvist and Allan Levinsson in 1955. They were long-time friends, and developed their foundry expertise as core makers in Taberg. They worked on numerous foundries in Småland before moving up to Lyrestad.
The company grew quickly and had 10-15 employees. Walter and Allan ran the business until 1977 when it was sold to seven of the employees, including Walter´s sons Rolf and Peter. In 1987, Rolf and Peter became an owner duo and since 1999, Peter is the sole owner.